Medicinal Properties of Ashwagandha Extract
Ashwagandha Extract has following healing properties.
- 1. Adaptogenic
- 2. Anti-inflammatory
- 3. Anti-arthritic
- 4. Anti-hypertensive
- 5. Antispasmodic
- 6. Anti-stress
- 7. Aphrodisiac
- 8. Lowers cholesterol
- 9. Nervine
- 10. Mild diuretic
- 11. Mild sedative
- 12. Galactagogue
- 13. Carminative
- 14. Immunity booster
- 15. Mild Hypnotic
- 16. Thyroid stimulant
Ashwagandha Ghan Benefits
In ayurveda, Indian Winter Cherry (Ashwagandha) is an important herb due to its medicinal value and adaptogenic action. Ayurvedic physicians deeply rely upon it owing to the great medicinal properties. It is beneficial for debility after fever and other chronic diseases. It relieves stress and revitalizes the body. Due to these actions, it can be used in every disease to speed up healing and recovery time.
Other benefits of Ashwagandha Extract
- Ashwagandha has the potential of suppressing joint pain.
- It offers great results in cases like rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, gout and Sciatica.
- It promotes calmness and mental satisfaction. Thus, it helps in reducing mental stress.
- It also improves the retaining capacity of brain and cognitive functions.
- It helps in building stamina and muscular endurance and improves immunity system.
- It revitalizes the entire body by helping to eliminate stress, tiredness and removes negative energies.
- It aids in enhancing physical endurance power by acting as the great strengthening agent.
- Ashwagandha, the natural healer treats respiratory tract infection along with asthmatic condition.
Ashwagandha Extract Dosage
The dosage of ashwagandha extract dosage is about 250 mg to 1 gram. You should not exceed its dosage from 3 grams per day.
Caution & Side Effects of Ashwagandha Extract
Ashwagandha extract is POSSIBLY SAFE and well tolerated for most people when consume for a few days. The long-term safety of Ashwagandha extract is not yet fully studied and established. Therefore, you should not take Ashwagandha extract continuously more than a month.
The larger dosage of Ashwagandha extract can cause following side effects.
- Diarrhea (common)
- Stomach upset
- Nausea and vomiting (rare)
Avoid the intake of Ashwagandha extract along with sedative medicines. It is also mild sedative and may result in excessive sedation.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Pregnant women should avoid using Ashwagandha extract. It might be UNSAFE in pregnancy because a few cases of miscarriage are reported the use of Ashwagandha extract in pregnancy.
In India, Ashwagandha powder is used for increasing breast milk and it might be safe in its crude form. However, Ashwagandha extract is seldom used in lactation, so you should AVOID it during lactation.
The only contraindication known is obesity. Ashwagandha extract can increase body weight significantly, so if you are obese or overweight, you should not take it.
Ashwagandha extract can interact with anti-depressant medications. Its interaction with sedative drugs can result in sleepiness, drowsiness and laziness.
It can also decrease the effectiveness of Immunosuppressant drugs because Ashwagandha increases the immunity.
Ashwagandha is thyroid stimulant, so it can interact with thyroid hormones used for the treatment of thyroid diseases. It can increase the thyroid hormones.
There are no reviews yet.