Vasant Malti Ras – Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects, Ingredients
Vasant Malti Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet form. It is used in chronic fever, cough and asthma. This medicine is used more in North Indian Ayurvedic tradition.This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision. This medicine is also known as Suvarna Malini Vasant and Suvarna vasant malti rasa
Vasant Malti Ras Benefits:
- It is used to treat chronic fever.
- It is also used to treat cough, cold, bronchitis, tuberculosis and chronic Asthma.
Vasant Malti Ras dosage:
(125 mg)1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with honey.
suvarna vasant malti rasa side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies.
- Overdosage may cause many side effects including gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
Suvarna Malini Vasanta Ras ingredients:
Svarna Bhasma – Gold Bhasma – 1 gram
Mukta Bhasma – Bhasma of Pearl – 2 grams
Darada – Purified Cinnabar (An ore of Mercury and suphur) – 3 grams
Maricha – Pepper – Piper nigrum
Kharpara – Rasaka – 8 grams
The above combination is ground with lemon juice.
Parada – Purified and processed Mercury
Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur
Vyosha – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
Tamra bhasma – Copper bhasma
Ayas Bhasma – Iron Bhasma
The above ingredients are ground with
- Kantakari rasa (Juice extract of Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Dhattura rasa (Juice extract of Datura metel)
- Katuki rasa (Juice extract of Picrorhiza kurroa)
Reference: Bhaishaj Ratnavali Jvara chikitsa